Carbon Fiber Frame Kit for Q500+ series

Discussion in 'Yuneec Typhoon Q500+' started by gustofusion, May 18, 2016.

1. gustofusion

gustofusion Key Holder
    Staff Member Registered User

Media:
    Albums:
    Russell Smith likes this.
  2. Motley

Motley New Member

I have rebuilt my 4K with this frame. It flew a couple of short flights fine but now on the last 3 flights I am having issues with it succumbing to the "toilet bowl" issue. This means that a few seconds after takeoff and with no input from the pilot it starts to fly in a circle while holding its direction and the circle gets larger and the drone flies faster the more you let it go. I have tried to fight this but I always end up just trying to land before it gets too out of control and each time it has flipped upon landing causing broken props on 2 occasions and no damage on the third.

I am waiting for Yuneec to respond to a support case I opened, they are supposed to be looking at the telemetry data as well as the video below showing the issue. Hopefully they will be able to tell me why this is happening, they have been very helpful so far considering that since I rebuilt on this frame the warranty is now void. They did say that if they cannot determine the issue by the data provided that I could send the drone in (even with the new frame) and they would analyze and repair it but of course I would be responsible for all costs including shipping, parts, and labor.

Here are a couple pics of my build...

20160717_170901.jpg 20160717_170911.jpg

3. KBFlyer

KBFlyer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    There is a updated instruction manual which puts the GPS mounted on top of the plate which gives it more distance from the electronics
    14450015_1472117162804076_2790601522858057507_n.jpg